Getting your car stolen isn’t fun – in this blog post we wanted to explore the most stolen cars from the UK. The two most popular brands of cars to be stolen are BMW & Mercedes – you’ve been warned! Don’t forget to ensure you have GAP Insurance. There are a number of ways motorists can reduce the risk of car theft, here’s just a few:
- Park your car with wheels pointed to the kerb – this makes it more difficult for a thief to move off at speed
- Keep your vehicle interior tidy – an untidy interior suggests a forgetful person who may have left something valuable inside
Below is the list:
1) BMW X5 – this is the no. 1 car that is stolen within the UK.
2) Range Rover – in close second is the Range Rover, which starts at £68,945
3) BMW M3 – third most stolen, the latest verion
4) Audi RS4 – the Audi in fourth place has a top speed of 155mph
5) Audi TT – the most popular convertible for thieves
6) Mercedes-Benz SL – the first of 3 Mercedes to make the top 10
7) Mercedes-Benz C Class – … closely followed by the smaller C class (previously CLK)
8) Porsche 911 – a favourite with the thieves
9) Volkswagen Golf – it’s not just expensive cars that get stolen..
10) Mercedes-Benz ML – the third & final Mercedes to feature
11) Subaru Impreza – we personally thought this would be much higher
12) BMW M5 – the final BMW & car.