Getting your car stolen isn’t fun – in this blog post we wanted to explore the most stolen cars from the UK.
The two most popular brands of cars to be stolen are BMW & Mercedes – you’ve been warned! Don’t forget to ensure you have GAP Insurance.
There are a number of ways motorists can reduce the risk of car theft, here’s just a few:
- Park your car with wheels pointed to the kerb – this makes it more difficult for a thief to move off at speed
- Keep your vehicle interior tidy – an untidy interior suggests a forgetful person who may have left something valuable inside
Below is the list:
1. BMW X5 – this is the no. 1 car that is stolen within the UK
2. Range Rover – in close second is the Range Rover, which starts at £68,945
3. BMW M3 – third most stolen, the latest verion
4. Audi RS4 – the Audi in fourth place has a top speed of 155mph
5. Audi TT – the most popular convertible for thieves
6. Mercedes-Benz SL – the first of 3 Mercedes to make the top 10
7. Mercedes-Benz C Class – … closely followed by the smaller C class (previously CLK)
8. Porsche 911 – a favourite with the thieves
9. Volkswagen Golf – it’s not just expensive cars that get stolen
10. Mercedes-Benz ML – the third & final Mercedes to feature
11. Subaru Impreza – we personally thought this would be much higher
12. BMW M5 – the final BMW & car
Click here to read more: Guides ALA Connect.