Complaints Manager Contact Details
Name: Jason Allen
Telephone: 01653 916300
Address: Unit 3 Park Farm Courtyard, Easthorpe, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 6QX
The complaints manager will be notified of any written or verbal complaint received from a customer at the earliest possible opportunity. We will also:
- Acknowledge the complaint in writing within 5 working days of receipt
- Clarify any points where necessary
- Fully investigate the complaint
- Keep customers informed of our progress
- Discuss with the customer our findings and proposed response
The customer will receive contact from us advising on progress if we cannot respond immediately.
All complaints will be recorded on the internal ALA Non-Conformance Report.
We will send our final response as soon as possible and not later than eight weeks after the complaint was raised.
Establish the nature of the complaint
We must establish whether a customer complaint relates to advice given by an ALA adviser, our services or the service or performance of one of our partners. The Complaints Manager will review the matter and take the complaint to the appropriate partner if appropriate in consultation with you.
The Complaints Manager will establish the nature and scope of the customer’s complaint having due regards to the Financial Conduct Authority’s direction:
- Deal with complaints promptly and fairly
- Give complainants clear replies and, where appropriate, fair redress
It is our policy to treat all complainants the same, however, eligible complainants are legally defined and have additional rights in law that we must acknowledge and adhere to.
The Financial Conduct Authority complaints rules apply to complaints:
- made by, or on behalf of an eligible complainant;
- relating to regulated activity;
- involving an allegation that the complainant has suffered, or may suffer, financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience;
This will clearly outline our final decision and the reasons for it. If any compensation is offered a clear method of calculation will be shown.
We will include details of the Financial Ombudsman Service in our final response to the customer. Should the customer wish to escalate the complaint further, we will:
- explain that the complainant must refer the matter to the ombudsman within six months of the date of this letter or the right to use this service is lost
- Indicate whether or not we consent to waive the relevant time limits
Closing a complaint
We will consider a complaint to be closed after we have made our final response. This does not prevent you from exercising any rights you should refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the BVRLA Conciliation Service.
Financial Ombudsman Service
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman in resolving any complaints made against us and agree to be bound by any awards made by the Ombudsman. The firm undertakes to pay promptly any fees levied by the Ombudsman. Financial Ombudsman Service Complaints Leaflets are available on request.
Address: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
Additional steps for ALA Car Leasing
In the event that the customer is unhappy with our final response to their complaint and they do not wish to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service, they may also escalate their complaint to the BVRLA, the UK trade body for companies engaged vehicle rental, leasing and fleet management. As a BVRLA member, we must co-operate fully with the Government approved BVRLA Conciliation Service. A BVRLA complaint form is available on request.
Address: BVRLA, River Lodge, Badminton Court, Amersham, HP7 0DD