Opening Hours

Make a Claim

If you need to make a claim, please check your policy documents for the correct procedure, or select the relevant policy and underwriter using the below drop down.

If you’re unsure who you need to speak to please contact the ALA team and we’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Step 1: Select your policy

Step 2: Select your underwriter

GAP Insurance

Vehicle Replacement – Spectrum/Financial & Legal

Claims Procedure

If you wish to make a claim under this insurance cover please contact the administrator on 01143 219 877. All claims must be notified as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 120 days of any total loss. The administrator will send you a claim form for you to complete and return.

You must take all reasonable steps to safeguard the insured vehicle in the event of any damage occurring to it.

In the case of malicious damage and theft you must report the incident to the police within 24 hours and advise the administrator of the crime reference number.

Do not accept a settlement offer from your motor insurer without first contacting the administrator.

We will be able to provide you with a market value price for your vehicle as listed in Glasses Guide. This is only an estimate for your reference when dealing with your motor insurer.

  •  You should make a claim and provide all necessary proof as soon as possible after the event leading to the total loss of the motor vehicle, but in any event within 120 days of the date of total loss. If you do not do this payment of your benefit may be delayed or reduced. We may provide an extension of that period if you make a request in writing giving a reasonable explanation for the delay.
  •  Your claim must be accompanied by a copy of any finance agreement, a copy of the statement by your motor insurance policy insurer disclosing in full the basis of the calculation used in arriving at the insurance settlement amount and evidence of payment of the insurance settlement.
  •  You should also include the settlement statement for your finance agreement incorporating a breakdown of any arrears or interest on the arrears and interest rebate if any, your fully detailed vehicle purchase invoice, a Pro- forma Invoice detailing the cost of the replacement vehicle plus this insurance certificate. We may require other documents to validate your claim and it is your responsibility to provide these.
  • We may require other documents to validate your claim and it is your responsibility to provide these. Documents must be certified as correct by an official of your motor insurance policy insurer and your lender. We will give you information on how to complete your claim form and tell you any other details that are required.

Have you had to claim on your GAP policy with us due to a write off, an accident or your vehicle was stolen?