Contract Hire Plus GAP Insurance
What is Contract Hire Plus GAP Insurance?
Contract Hire GAP Insurance will, in the event of a total loss claim (accident, theft, fire or flood damage), cover up to 100% of the outstanding rental payments for the vehicle and cover any shortfall in the market value settlement provided by the insurer.
For an additional premium you can now also protect the initial rental/deposit you paid at the start of your agreement, up to a maximum of £3,000. This means that if your vehicle is declared a total loss, as well as clearing your outstanding payments with the finance company you receive an additional settlement for the upfront payment.
Mind the GAP! Avoid a potential shortfall...
ALA GAP Insurance is recommended and awarded by
Do I need Contract Hire Plus?
The answer to this is yes, if you want to:
- Cover your liability under the contract hire agreement if your vehicle is a total loss
- Be able to get a new vehicle on a new agreement with no debt from the previous agreement
- Receive back your deposit/initial rental (if you select Initial Rental cover)
Can I buy Contract Hire Plus?
The answer to this is yes if:
- You have a lease or contract hire agreement, with no option to buy at the end of the agreement
- Your vehicle was collected in the last 365 days
- Your vehicle is not excluded as follows: Taxi, mini cab, driving tuition vehicle, courier or delivery vehicle of any type or any private or public rental vehicle or any rally, competition or off-road vehicle of any type. Please see our full exclusions to check your vehicle isn't on the list.
Unfortunately we do not offer GAP insurance cover for:
- Any Commercial Vehicle over 3500kg, Motorcycle, Motor Scooter or Moped.
- Any left hand drive vehicle and a vehicle which does not meet UK or EC approval or is not commercially available in the UK direct from a manufacturer or its authorised importer or dealer. Any taxi, mini cab, driving tuition vehicle, courier or delivery vehicle of any type or any private or public rental vehicle or any rally, competition or off-road vehicle of any type.
- Emergency service vehicles.
- Vehicles designed to carry more than eight people including the driver.
- Vehicles fitted with non-manufacturer specified modifications including, but not limited to, engine modifications, uprated brakes, roll cages and/or steering column extension.
- Vehicles which are classified as non-passenger cars, motor caravans, caravans, kit cars or replica cars.
- Any imported vehicle, unless it was:
- manufactured as a right hand drive
- purchased from an authorised distributor in the other country (and not imported directly)
- Vehicles without a valid Road Fund License (vehicle tax).
- Vehicles not included in Glass’s Guide.
- The vehicle has not previously been declared a total loss or write off.
Contract Hire Plus GAP Insurance Features:
- Available up to 5 years for vehicles on lease or contract hire
- We are fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and your policy has cover under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- Pays up to £250 of your Comprehensive Insurance excess
- If you select Initial Rental Cover the policy will also ensure you recover your initial rental payment, up to a maximum of £3,000
- Cover available for up to 365 days after delivery of vehicle
- Any amendment made FREE of charge
- Policy transfer – pro rata transfer of unused premium if you change your vehicle, with no admin fees
- Discount available for renewal and additional policies
- We guarantee to match any comparable online GAP quote
- This policy will pay up to 100% of outstanding rentals and any shortfall in the vehicle value - *see illustration below
View Policy Wording and IPID for Contract Hire Plus GAP Insurance
Contract Hire Plus Example
*Example shows the amount covered by your Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance (based on average depreciation rates and current market value) and the potential shortfall if your vehicle is written off.
|Your vehicle value:||£20,000|
|The amount owed to the contact hire finance company to end the finance agreement:||£18,000|
|Your comprehensive market value insurance payout:||£10,000|
|Our Contract Hire Plus payout:||£8,000|
|Comprehensive Insurance payout + ALA GAP Insurance payout =||£18,000|
|(Leaving you clear of any owed finance on your vehicle)|
Contract Hire Plus FAQ
For "Cost of vehicle" you should enter the estimated list price of the vehicle and select the term of cover you wish to take.
The system will automatically suggest a claim limit but this can be tailored further to suit your needs, based on the total amount you will be paying over the term of the contract.
If you would like any assistance with a quote please contact our team on 01653 916304
This depends on the supplier but you really need to double check the small print. Our Contract Hire Plus GAP specifically covers up to 100% of outstanding rentals and any potential shortfall in residual value.
To provide you with a quotation we ask for the value of your car and the amount you will be paying per month to the finance company. This allows us to calculate the maximum amount of cover you might need in the event of a total loss claim.
We base the suggested claim limit on the possibility that your finance company can ask for up to 100% of any outstanding rental payments in the event of a total loss. This can be in addition to the market value settlement they will be receive from your insurer.
This policy would not cover any costs relating to administration charges, maintenance charges, relief vehicle, early settlement charges and road fund license, but these may still be charged by your finance company.