Electric Cycle Insurance
Whether you enjoy long leisurely rides on a weekend or you have a hilly commute, electric bikes are the perfect way for you to travel further and faster.Electric bikes have been working their way into the mainstream for a few years now. Encouraging users to cover more ground as they're less tiring, and if you're running late, they'll get you where you need to go quickly, and crucially, without wearing you out. Electric bikes are a hybrid form of transport, where part of the power comes from the rider and part of it from the motor. Just like electric bikes are available in a range of styles designed for different terrains, we have a number of optional extras to ensure your e-bike insurance suits your needs.
What does e-bike insurance cover?
Our insurance for e-bikes ensures you and your bike are protected. Whether you're a victim of theft or you're involved in an accident, our cover will help you get back in the saddle.
Remember that the personal accident add-on is optional, so should you decide you’d like to be covered if you are involved in an accident; make sure you include it during the quote or purchasing journey.
Included as standard:
Theft and / or damage to cycle:
- Theft of or damage to your cycle – whether malicious or accidental
- For those adventures abroad
- Public liability insurance covers you if you damage someone’s property or injure another person while out and about cycling. These costs will be covered by this policy.
- Personal accident cover is an option you can add onto your policy with us. Compensation for loss of limb, loss of sight, permanent total disablement or death sustained as a result of an accident. You can read up on what is exactly covered in our policy wording
- Up to the selected value for accessories including helmet, clothing and more
- Up to the agreed value for legal expenses cover
- Cost of recovering you and your cycle if you're unable to complete your journey within the UK only
Why do you need insurance for e-bikes;
- Just remember to include personal accident in your quote or purchasing journey if you want that included in your cover.
Why do you need insurance for e-bikes?
E-bike insurance gives you that peace of mind when you're out and about on your bike. Whether you need recovering following an accident, and you need to replace your bike, or you need Personal Accident cover, we can help. Just remember to include personal accident and cycle rescue in your quote or purchasing journey if you want that included in your cover.
Our insurance for e-bikes have been made with you in mind, we want you to feel safe in the great outdoors. Pick and choose the optional cover or stick to our basic policy – it's up to you.
How to get an e-cycle insurance quote
Getting one of our e-cycle insurance policies up and running is simple – all you need to do is fill out an online quote form.