Road Cycle Insurance
For those who prefer to explore the great outdoors on two wheels rather than four, road bike insurance is an absolute must.Taking to the open road is exhilarating, and relying on pedal power means you have even more time to soak up your stunning surroundings. Come rain or shine, every weekend the UK’s roads are full of cycling enthusiasts donning the Lycra, hopping into the saddle and striking out into the fresh air. Whether you prefer a gentle trip out into the countryside or you fancy yourself as the next Chris Froome, it’s only natural that you’ll want to protect yourself as much as possible. That’s where road cycle insurance from ALA can help you.
What does road bike insurance cover?
We want you to enjoy your hobby to the full, and the best way to do that is to ensure you’re properly protected when out and about. Below you can find a rundown of what our road bike insurance policies cover, as well as the optional extras you can include to suit your needs.
Included as standard:
Theft and / or damage to cycle:
- Theft of or damage to your cycle – whether malicious or accidental
- Personal accident cover is an option you can add onto your policy with us. Compensation for loss of limb, loss of sight, permanent total disablement or death sustained as a result of an accident. You can read up on what is exactly covered in our policy wording
- Up to the selected value for accessories including helmet, clothing and more
- Up to the agreed value for replacement hire
- Up to the agreed value for legal expenses cover
- For those adventures abroad
- Cost of recovering you and your cycle if you're unable to complete your journey within the UK only
Why do you need road cycle insurance?
Road cycling offers plenty of benefits – for a start it’s a great way to explore while providing valuable exercise. But it’s also a hobby that comes with a degree of danger, which is why it’s important to take out road cycle insurance. If your bike were to become damaged and you had no cover in place, you could be left to replace your bike out of your own pocket, which could prove expensive. We also offer Personal Accident cover as an optional add-on, so if you do want this, remember to include that as one of your tailored options in the quote or purchasing journey.
How to get a road bike insurance quote
We want to make your life as easy as possible, and all you have to do to get a road bike insurance quote is fill out our simple online form.
Our thousands of positive reviews mean we boast a five-star rating on Trustpilot, so you can come to us in complete confidence. Of course, if you have any questions about our road cycle insurance, what it covers, how much it costs or anything else, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can call us on 01653 916642 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to answer any queries.