Agreed Value GAP Insurance
What is Agreed Value GAP Insurance?
This GAP Insurance, in the event of a total loss, will pay the difference between your comprehensive insurer’s settlement and the Glass’s Guide retail value of your vehicle at the time your policy is purchased (see illustration below)
This policy is suitable for:
Cars, pickups or vans less than 3,500kg, which have been purchased from a private seller rather than a motor dealer.
Cars, pickups or vans less than 3,500kg, purchased from a dealer where time restrictions mean you can’t have standard Back to Invoice Plus or Vehicle Replacement Plus cover.
It is suitable for vehicles under 10 years old with fewer than 100,000 miles on the clock, and where it is not an excluded vehicle.
Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Rolls Royce. Any Commercial Vehicle over 3500kg, Motorcycle, Motor Scooter or Moped. Any left hand drive vehicle and a vehicle which does not meet UK or EC approval or is not commercially available in the UK direct from a manufacturer or its authorised importer or dealer. Any taxi, mini cab, driving tuition vehicle, courier or delivery vehicle of any type or any private or public rental vehicle or any rally, competition or off-road vehicle of any type.
This policy can be purchased at any time after you’ve bought your vehicle – this means you can choose to buy GAP insurance at a later date and protect your investment with ALA.
Mind the GAP! Avoid a potential shortfall...
ALA GAP Insurance is recommended and awarded by
Agreed Value GAP Insurance Features:
- Available for up to 5 years
- Cover can be purchased at any time
- Suitable for vehicles purchased from a private seller or owned for more than 365 days
- Policy transfer – pro rata transfer of unused premium if you change your vehicle, with no admin fees
- Any amendment made FREE of charge
- Discount available for multiple policies
- We guarantee to match any comparable online GAP quotation
- We are fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and your policy has cover under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Agreed Value GAP Example
*Example shows the amount covered by your Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance (based on average depreciation rates and current market value) and the potential shortfall if your vehicle is written off.
|Glass’s Guide value at time of policy purchase:||£15,000|
|Comprehensive settlement after total loss:||£10,000|
|ALA Agreed Value GAP settlement:||£5,000|
|Total settlement from insurer and ALA:||£15,000|