ALA GAP Insurance is recommended and awarded by
Can I buy ALA Keycare?
This policy can only be purchased in conjunction with an ALA GAP policy.
Cover can only be purchased where there is no pre-existing event which may give rise to a claim.
ALA Keycare Features:
- No excess to pay if you claim
- Covers all vehicle and house keys attached to the Keycare fob
- Replacement key cover includes including reprogramming of infrared handsets, immobilisers and alarms
- Cover applies whilst travelling anywhere in the world
- Keycare pays £10 to the finder of your lost keys
- Covers any immediate family member permanently living at the same address as the policyholder – you can purchase additional key fobs for £12.00 each
- Underwritten by Ageas Insurance Limited
- Maximum £1500 cover limit in 12-month policy period
|If...||We will cover...|
|Your keys have been stolen||Replacement key, locksmith charges and new locks|
Optional cover for vehicle hire charges
|Your keys are locked in your home||Locksmith charges to gain access to home|
|Your keys are locked in your vehicle AND You have a spare key||Locksmith charges and onward travel costs|
|Your keys are locked in your vehicle AND You don't have a spare key||Locksmith charges|
|You’ve lost your keys AND You have a spare key||Waiting period of 3 days|
Replacement key only
|You’ve lost your keys AND You don't have a spare key||Waiting period of 3 days|
Locksmith charges OR new locks (the latter if no duplicate key is available)
Vehicle hire charges
What is not covered?
- Any keys not attached to Keycare fob
- Claims which are not reported within 30 days of the incident
- Any amount for which you do not have a valid receipt or invoice
- Costs relating to a damaged or broken key or lock
- Costs relating to wear and tear
- Locks or keys which are of a higher standard than the original
- Costs or charges where a locksmith or other tradesman has been arranged and you fail to attend
- More than one replacement key for vehicle keys, more than 3 replacement keys for house keys
How do I make a claim?
If you need to make a claim on your ALA Keycare policy, please contact our UK based claim team on 0345 303 0550 as soon as possible and within 30 days of the incident.
If your keys have been stolen please report to the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number.
ALA Keycare FAQ
No, this will be paid by Keycare who will send the reward directly to the finder of your keys. The money can be paid to charity at their request.
Keycare will arrange for your keys to be returned to you – there are a number of options and we’ll look at the best one to suit you.
There is no excess to pay if you need to make a claim.