What is ALA Keycare?
There’s nothing more frustrating than losing your keys and being locked out of your home or vehicle.
ALA Keycare can help!
We provide cover for lost or stolen keys, replacement locks, locksmith charges and more, with a 24-hour helpline, open 365 days a year.
We offer two kinds of key fobs to help insure your keys, depending on your preference – SmartFob which links up to your phone making your keys even easier to find or our standard key ring fob which gives clear instructions on how to get missing keys back to their owner.
ALA GAP Insurance is recommended and awarded by
Can I buy ALA Keycare?
This policy can be purchased in conjunction with an ALA GAP policy or you can buy it as a standalone policy.
Cover can only be purchased where there is no pre-existing event which may give rise to a claim.
Our Keycare policy with a SmartFob is £36 and our Keycare policy with the standard key ring fob is £24.
What is SmartFob?
SmartFob is a new way to keep an eye on your keys when you have a Keycare policy with us. Using Bluetooth technology the SmartFob is synced with your mobile device, so if you ever have that ‘uh oh’ moment – your keys can be easily located within seconds. Opting to have a Smartfob, alongside the Keycare app, instead of our more standard key ring fob is a good option for those who perhaps make a habit of misplacing their keys.
You can of course opt to stick with our standard fob if that’s more your thing.
ALA Keycare Features:
- No excess to pay if you claim
- Covers all vehicle and house keys attached to the SmartFob or standard Keycare fob
- An option of a SmartFob – using an app to link up to your phone to make finding your keys even easier
- Replacement key cover includes including reprogramming of infrared handsets, immobilisers and alarms
- If you do lose your keys and someone finds them none of your details are given to the finder, guaranteeing confidentiality and security
- Cover applies whilst travelling anywhere in the world
- Keycare pays £10 to the finder of your lost keys
- Covers any immediate family member permanently living at the same address as the policyholder. You can purchase additional fobs for these family members. Additional standard fobs for £12 each. Additional SmartFobs (when bought with a GAP policy) are £18 each or when bought standalone they are £37 each.
- Underwritten by Ageas Insurance Limited
- Maximum £1500 cover limit in 12-month policy period
- 24 hour, 365 days a year emergency helpline when you report your keys lost or stolen
|If...||We will cover...|
|Your keys have been stolen||Replacement key, locksmith charges and new locks|
Optional cover for vehicle hire charges
|Your keys are locked in your home||Locksmith charges to gain access to home|
|Your keys are locked in your vehicle AND You have a spare key||Locksmith charges and onward travel costs|
|Your keys are locked in your vehicle AND You don't have a spare key||Locksmith charges|
|You’ve lost your keys AND You have a spare key||Waiting period of 3 days|
Replacement key only
|You’ve lost your keys AND You don't have a spare key||Waiting period of 3 days|
Locksmith charges OR new locks (the latter if no duplicate key is available)
Vehicle hire charges
What is not covered?
- Any keys not attached to the SmartFob or the standard Keycare fob
- Claims which are not reported within 30 days of the incident
- Any amount for which you do not have a valid receipt or invoice
- Costs relating to a damaged or broken key or lock
- Costs relating to wear and tear
- Locks or keys which are of a higher standard than the original
- Costs or charges where a locksmith or other tradesman has been arranged and you fail to attend
- More than one replacement key for vehicle keys, more than 3 replacement keys for house keys
How do I make a claim?
If you need to make a claim on your ALA Keycare policy, please contact our UK based claim team on 0345 303 0550 as soon as possible and within 30 days of the incident. This line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If your keys have been stolen please report to the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number.
ALA Keycare FAQ
No, this will be paid by Keycare who will send the reward directly to the finder of your keys. The money can be paid to charity at their request.
Keycare will arrange for your keys to be returned to you – there are a number of options and we’ll look at the best one to suit you.
There is no excess to pay if you need to make a claim.