Motorhome GAP Insurance
What is Motorhome GAP Insurance?
With ALA Motorhome GAP insurance, whether you have an ACE or a WildAx or anything in between, we will protect you financially in the event your vehicle is declared a total loss.
Although motorhomes don’t tend to depreciate as quickly as most other vehicles, they are often more expensive to buy initially and even a small amount of depreciation on such a costly vehicle can mean that you are left out of pocket following a total loss.
Back to Invoice Plus will pay the difference between your motor insurer’s market value settlement and either the original invoice price of your vehicle or the outstanding finance, whichever is the higher amount at the time.
Vehicle Replacement Plus will instead cover the difference between the market value settlement from your insurer and the replacement cost of another vehicle matching the original, even if that cost is higher. If the finance owing at the time of the claim is more than the cost of replacing the vehicle, we will pay up to that amount instead.
Mind the GAP! Avoid a potential shortfall...
Do I need Motorhome GAP?
With Motorhome Return to Invoice, the answer to this is yes, if you want to:
- Protect against the depreciating value of your vehicle
- Receive enough money from your motor insurer and the GAP policy so that you can pay any outstanding finance balance AND have the remaining funds to use as you wish
- If you own your vehicle outright, you have the entire original invoice value to use as you wish
With Motorhome Vehicle Replacement, the answer to this is yes, if you want to:
- Protect the value of your motorhome, not just the amount you paid for it – this means you’re not out of pocket due to vehicle price increases
Can I buy Motorhome GAP?
- My vehicle is new, or under 10 years of age
- I have a motorhome which has covered less than 80,000 miles (Vehicle Replacement + only)
- My vehicle is made for the UK market and appears in Glass’s Guide
- My motorhome does not have a gross weight exceeding 3.5t
- My vehicle was collected within the last 365 days
- My vehicle is owned outright, on a Hire Purchase or Personal Contract Purchase finance agreement
- My vehicle was bought from a private seller or a VAT registered dealer or finance company
- My vehicle is not excluded
Vehicles used in any sort of competitions or rallies. Vehicles used for racing, pace making, speed testing or in reliability trials; Vehicles not listed in Glass's Guide; kit cars; invalid carriages; commercial Vehicles of more than 3500kg gross weight. Any, taxi, mini cab, driving tuition vehicle, courier or delivery vehicle of any type or any private or public rental vehicle.
Motorhome GAP Insurance Features:
- Available up to 5 years for vehicles owned outright or on finance
- We are fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and your policy is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- Pays as standard up to £250 of your Comprehensive Insurance excess
- Our policies do not have a ‘Market Value Clause’
- Our policies do not a have a ‘Glass Guide maximum retail value clause’
- Any policy amendment made FREE of charge
- Policy transfer – pro rata transfer of unused premium if you change your vehicle, with no admin fees
- Available for motorhomes up to 10 years old, delivered within the last 365 days
- Discount available for renewal and additional policies
- We guarantee to beat any comparable online GAP quote
Motorhome GAP Example
*Example shows the amount covered by your Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance (based on average depreciation rates and current market value) and the potential shortfall if your vehicle is written off.
|Your invoice value of:||£22,000|
|The amount owed to the finance company at the point of claim:||£23,000|
|Your comprehensive market value insurance payout:||£17,000|
|Our Return to Invoice Plus payout:||£6,000|
|Comprehensive Insurance payout + ALA GAP Insurance payout =||£23,000|
|(Leaving you clear of any owed finance on your vehicle)|
|view an example without finance|
Motorhome GAP FAQ
All factory fitted extras are covered by our motorhome GAP policies.
With regards to dealer fitted accessories, there is no limit to the value that we will cover; as long as the part appears on the manufacturer price list and is included on the vehicle invoice, we will cover the cost of that extra.
Any person driving your motorhome is covered by your ALA GAP policy as long as they are a named driver on your comprehensive motor insurance policy.
Anyone driving your vehicle under their own motor insurance or on a temporary/short term motor insurance policy will not be covered by an ALA GAP policy.