Motorhome GAP Insurance

What is Motorhome GAP Insurance?

With ALA Motorhome GAP insurance, whether you have an ACE or a WildAx or anything in between, we will protect you financially in the event your vehicle is declared a total loss.

Although motorhomes don’t tend to depreciate as quickly as most other vehicles, they are often more expensive to buy initially and even a small amount of depreciation on such a costly vehicle can mean that you are left out of pocket following a total loss.

If your insurer declares your vehicle a total loss (or write off) following an accident, fire or flood damage, or if it is stolen, they will only pay you the market value of the vehicle. ALA’s Motorhome Back to Invoice Plus GAP Insurance will cover the shortfall between the insurer’s settlement and the original price you paid for your motorhome, or the outstanding finance owed at the time, whichever is higher.

Mind the GAP! Avoid a potential shortfall...

On the road price: £
Anticipated length of ownership (years):

ALA GAP Insurance is recommended and awarded by

Do I need Motorhome GAP?

With Motorhome Back to Invoice Plus, the answer to this is yes, if you want to:

  • Protect the amount you’ve paid for your vehicle and cancel out the effects of depreciation
  • Be paid more than just insurer’s market value settlement if the vehicle is a write off
  • Clear any outstanding finance (if applicable), leaving any remaining money to use as you wish

Can I buy Motorhome GAP?

  • My vehicle is new, or under 10 years of age
  • My vehicle is made for the UK market and appears in Glass’s Guide
  • My motorhome does not have a gross weight exceeding 3.5t
  • My vehicle was collected within the last 180 days
  • My vehicle is owned outright, on a Hire Purchase or Personal Contract Purchase finance agreement
  • My vehicle was bought from a VAT registered dealer or finance company
  • My vehicle is not excluded

    Vehicles used in any sort of competitions or rallies. Vehicles used for racing, pace making, speed testing or in reliability trials; Vehicles not listed in Glass's Guide; kit cars; invalid carriages; commercial Vehicles of more than 3500kg gross weight. Any, taxi, mini cab, driving tuition vehicle, courier or delivery vehicle of any type or any private or public rental vehicle.

Motorhome GAP Insurance Features:

  • Available up to 4 years for vehicles owned outright or on finance
  • ALA are fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and your policy is protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
  • Pays as standard up to £250 of your Comprehensive Insurance excess
  • Our policies do not have a ‘Market Value Clause’
  • Our policies do not a have a ‘Glass Guide maximum retail value clause’
  • Any policy amendment made FREE of charge
  • Policy transfer – pro rata transfer of unused premium if you change your vehicle, with no admin fees
  • Available for motorhomes up to 10 years old, delivered within the last 180 days
  • We guarantee to match any comparable online GAP quote

Policy Documents

View Policy Wording and IPID for Back to Invoice Plus GAP Insurance

Back to Invoice Plus Example

Back to Invoice Plus Example (With Finance)

*Example shows the amount covered by your Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance (based on average depreciation rates and current market value) and the potential shortfall if your vehicle is written off.

Your purchase price: £60,000
The amount owed to the finance company at the point of claim: £63,000
Your comprehensive market value insurance payout: £55,000
Our Back to Invoice Plus payout: £8,000
Comprehensive Insurance payout + ALA GAP Insurance payout = £63,000
(Leaving you clear of any owed finance on your vehicle)

Motorhome GAP FAQ

All factory fitted extras are covered by our motorhome GAP policies.

With regards to dealer fitted accessories, there is no limit to the value that we will cover; as long as the part appears on the manufacturer price list and is included on the vehicle invoice, we will cover the cost of that extra.

Any person driving your motorhome is covered by your ALA GAP policy as long as they are a named driver on your comprehensive motor insurance policy.

Anyone driving your vehicle under their own motor insurance or on a temporary/short term motor insurance policy will not be covered by an ALA GAP policy.