ALA Social Media Terms and Conditions
WIN an ALA GAP Insurance policy
These terms and conditions (which we will refer to as our Terms) apply to the “Win an ALA GAP Insurance policy for that someone special in your life.”, competition which we will refer to as the Promotion that gives participants the opportunity to win a selection of Prizes (see below). By entering the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Terms.
- Promoter: ALAIB LIMITED, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06833207 at Unit 3 Park Farm Courtyard, Eastthorpe, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 6QX. The Promoter is legally responsible for running the Promotion. If you have any issues or problems relating to the Promotion, please contact the Promoter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administrator: Big Little London Limited a company registered in England and Wales under company number 11111954 at Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX.
- Eligibility: The Promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 and over. Employees of the Promoter or Administrator (and any affiliates, agents, the immediate families of the Promoter or the Administrator or of their employees) together with any other person connected with this Promotion, are excluded from entering this Promotion. Entries from fake accounts, bots, accounts impersonating another person will not be accepted.
- Promotional Period: The Promotion will be open for entries from 10:00:00 GMT on 01/06/2021 until 10:00:00 GMT on 20/06/2021.
- Promotional Site: www.instagram.com/alainsurance.
- How to participate: Participants must visit the Promotional Site during the Promotional Period and follow the instructions which are presented on the ALA Insurance webpage “Win an ALA GAP Insurance policy for that someone special in your life.” to enter the Promotion. Participants will be asked to:
- Print or save to your device one of our colouring-in cards
- Decorate and colour in using pens and pencils, or if you are making a digital card, colour in using the features on your phone, computer or tablet
- Take a picture or screenshot of your final creation, upload to Instagram and tag @ALAInsurance in it
- Follow @ALAInsurance Instagram
- Selecting the winner: The winner will be chosen on 20th June 2021 from all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The administrator will choose a winner at random. There will be one winner who will receive all Prizes. It is recommended that you have your Instagram profile set to public so the Promoter and Administrator can receive your submission.
The winner of our competition will receive:
- One ALA GAP Insurance Policy up to the value of £200 - the policy will be dependent on certain criteria of the winning vehicle
- To be eligible to receive this prize the winner must comply with the terms and conditions set as standard for any new GAP Insurance policy
- Vehicle must not be more than 10 years old
- Before entering the competition, please visit www.ala.co.uk/gap-insurance to see if the vehicle complies with our standard GAP Insurance policy terms
- Winner Notification: The winner will be contacted via Instagram direct message on 20/06/2021 at around 11:00am GMT. It is recommended that you have your Instagram notification settings turned on. Winners will be asked to submit their name, email, telephone number, postal address, vehicle registration, current mileage and when the vehicle was purchased in order to claim the Prize. If they do not reply to the direct message within 24 hours of the Promoter’s message with the above information, they will forfeit the Prize and a new winner will be selected. The winner will also automatically forfeit their Prize if: (i) any Prize notification is returned as undeliverable; (ii) a winner rejects his/her Prize; or (iii) a winner does not comply with these Terms; (iv) the winner deletes/removes their entry before their prize is awarded; (v) the winner cannot provide proof of their entry submission during the promotional period on request by the Administrator or Promoter after the competition has closed, (vi) the winner is found to be impersonating another person, is using a fake Instagram account, is a bot. (vii) the winner does not claim their prize by 10am on 20th July 2021. (viii) the winner's vehicle is not eligible for GAP Insurance under ALA Insurance standard policy terms. All Participants are recommended to read this webpage in order to check their vehicle's eligiblity.
- If a winner forfeits their Prize, an alternative winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries and no compensation will be given. The process of contacting any new winner will be repeated until such time as a Prize is awarded to a winner.
- The winner will be contacted by the Promoter via telephone within 7 days of the competition closing in the first instance in order to verify their vehicle's eligibility for GAP Insurance. If there is no answer, the Promoter will email the winner. The winner has until 10am on 20th July 2021 to claim their prize, after this date the prize will be forfeited and another winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries and no compensation will be given.
- Please allow 28 days for delivery of the Prize.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of participants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification. Information may include photo ID, utility bills, driver's license, passport, vehicle logbook (V5C) and or proof of purchase.
- All entries must be made by the participant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter). If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to enter the Promotion, such entries will be disqualified and any Prize awarded will be void. The Promoter and Administrator reserves the right to investigate and undertake all such action, as is reasonable, to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid entries including, without limitation, to require participants to provide further verification. In addition, the Promoter and the Administrator reserves the right to reject those claims which it considers, in its absolute discretion, are fraudulent or invalid.
- The Promoter and Administrator accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, lost, damaged, delayed or fail to reach the Administrator before the end of the Promotional Period.
- The Promoter will publish the winner on the @ALAInsurance Instagram Stories following the selection and contacting of the winner to indicate that the Prize has been awarded. Winners’ names and counties will be available on request for two months after the end of the Promotional Period. If you object to any or all of your Instagram handle, name as it appears on your Instagram profile, county of residence and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter. In such circumstances, the Promoter may still be obliged to provide the information and winning entry to the advertising regulator (or similar competent authority) on request.
- As far as the Promoter is legally allowed, the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury suffered by any entrant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting or participating in any Prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence or that of its agents, distributors or employees.
- The Promoter and Administrator’s decision regarding any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the Promotion. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of these Terms will be construed in accordance with the law in England and Wales. The Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.