BMW GAP Insurance: Costs, Quotes and PricingQUOTE ME
BMW or ‘Bavarian Motor Works’ is a German car, motorcycle and engine manufacturing company and is part of the German 'Big 3' along with Audi and Mercedes-Benz.
It is one of the best-selling luxury carmakers in the world which, unsurprisingly, also makes it one of the most desirable cars for thieves. Despite its reputation being held in high esteem though, BMW has suffered from some bad press in recent years; BMW featured heavily in a list of the "Most Stolen Cars" released in 2012 with the X5 named in first place. This was followed by a BBC Watchdog report on hi-tech thieves stealing BMWs by programming blank keys and simply driving away.
These cars cost up to £100,000 and you may think you've done everything possible to protect your new BMW with a standard insurance policy. However, if that car is stolen, or involved in an accident, and written off by your insurer you will only receive the market value of your car at that time – which is unlikely to be anywhere near the amount you originally paid for it. This is where a BMW GAP insurance policy can afford you the protection and peace of mind you need.
Whether you've bought your car outright, on finance, with a personal loan, or even if you have a vehicle on contract or lease hire, you can prevent this financial shortfall should the worst happen, with BMW GAP Insurance from ALA. Our BMW GAP insurance cover will pay the difference from your comprehensive insurer's settlement back up to the price you paid, or to get you a new-for-old replacement – or any outstanding finance if this is the higher amount.
So, get in touch with us today and protect your investment with BMW GAP Insurance from ALA.
A few things you might like to know about BMW:
- BMW has developed a reputation over the years for its April Fool's Day jokes, printed each year in the British broadsheet newspapers. BMW describe the pranks as 'tactical' and 'designed to teeter on the verge of credibility', detailing a fictional piece of innovative BMW technology which is 'just beyond the plausible'.
Past April Fools pranks have included:
The Toot and Calm Horn (T.C.H.) - which creates a noise that manages to calm...reducing the risk of road rage
'SHEF' Technology - using GPS a BMW owner can remotely cook their dinner using controls inside their BMW, making adjustments for any delays, in order to 'arrive home to a perfectly cooked meal'.
Internal Tyre Pressure Controls - Selling the ability to correctly adjust tyre pressure from inside the moving vehicle, this full page advert came with a cut-out coupon to fill in details and register interest in the new technology. It was to be sent to the BMW (UK) Ltd marketing department for the attention of Poul D Uddervun.
Fly Repellent Windscreens - '...so successful has it proved that, even at high speeds, insects literally bounce off'
Hands Free Driving - A steering wheel-less car developed to overcome a fictional EU ban on right-hand drive vehicles in mainland Europe
Magnetic Tow Technology - 'Why burn your fuel when you can burn someone else's?'
Election Badges - In 2010 with an impending UK General Election BMW offered owners the chance to personalise their BMW badge with a limited edition Personalised Roundel Attachment Tag (P.R.A.T.) to show their political affiliations. Anyone wishing to order one was advised to email Uwe.Beanhadde@bmw.co.uk!
- BMW was founded in 1917, originally as a manufacturer of aircraft engines. They were compelled to halt production by the terms of the Treaty of Versailles resulting in BMW moving to motorbike and, eventually, automobile production in the late 1920s
- BMW also own and produce the MINI marque and are the parent company of Rolls Royce Motor Cars
- In June 2012 Forbes.com announced that BMW was the Number 1 most reputable company in the world based upon people's willingness to buy, recommend, invest in and work for.
- BMW have enjoyed success in various motor sports, including Formula One with numerous accolades including 20 race wins
- BMW was an official sponsor of the London 2012 Olympics providing over 4000 BMWs and MINIs for use during the event
If you wish to find out more information on our policies, like what our BMW GAP insurance costs, or you would like to know what our BMW GAP insurance cover can provide for you, use our quote finder, call us on 01653 916304, or email firstname.lastname@example.org