GAP Insurance for VolkswagensQUOTE ME
In the list of Britain's most stolen cars you can find, as you might expect, a whole host of cars from Mercedes, BMW, Audi and Land Rover.
What you might not expect to find is the Volkswagen Golf, showing that it isn't just expensive, luxury cars that are desirable to - and need protecting from - thieves.
Volkswagen GAP Insurance from ALA can be there to bridge the gap between your comprehensive insurer's market value settlement in the event of a write off and either the original amount you paid for the car, the amount the car costs to replace or any outstanding finance at the time of a write off if this is the higher figure. If the car is on a contract hire or lease agreement ALA will cover the amount of outstanding rentals on the car at the time of the write off as well as any difference in residual value.
Not only will a Volkswagen GAP Insurance policy from ALA cost significantly less than a dealer bought policy but you'll also have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have a top quality policy to protect your vehicle.
It is a well known fact that in German Volkswagen means the "people's car". Have a look below for some things you may not know about the brand:
- The history of Volkswagen stems from pre- and post World War 2 Germany - with the requirement for a "people's car" actually being demanded by Adolf Hitler. He wanted cars available to the German people that met specific criteria, not only did they have to be affordable but they had to be able to carry 2 adults and 3 children whilst travelling at 100km/h (62mph).
- The original Volkswagen, eventually manufactured as the Mark 1 after the war, was based on a design by Ferdinand Porsche and is recognisable as what later became the Beetle.
- The Volkswagen factory was allowed to continue manufacturing cars after the war, some of which were supplied to occupying Allied personnel. Some of these were allowed to be brought back to the UK.
- One of the first VW imports can still be seen today owned by the son of the garage owner that bought it from the returning soldier in 1948.
- The German marque has made a number of acquisitions over the years including Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bugatti and Lamborghini.
- It is Europe's largest vehicle manufacturer with a market share of over 20%. In 2012 it was the second largest automaker in the works.
- In a list of the top ten best selling cars of all time by 24/7 Wall St, Volkswagen's Golf, Beetle and Passat all appear and are all still being manufactured. The original Beetle was manufactured for a massive 65 years!
- Volkswagen consistently rank top of all automobile makers for the amount of money spent on research and development.